EAF Finland – an investment partner for experienced Business Angels
EAF Finland co-invests with selected experienced Business Angels into innovative Finnish early stage SMEs. The total size of the Fund is EUR 30 million, and it has two investors, European Investment Fund EIF and Business Finland Venture Capital Ltd. The Fund is advised by EIF and selection of Business Angels is in its responsibility.
The European Investment Fund publishes the names of the Angels participating in the program on their website. Companies may contact selected Business Angels directly to seek an investment.
How does the Angel Co-investment Fund work?
The operating model for the Fund is a part of pan-European initiative European Angels Fund. In addition to Finland, there are similar funds operating in six other EU countries.
- All decisions about the investments will be taken by the Business Angels
- Co-investments are made with a 50-50 principle, so both the Fund and the Angel invest the same amount into the company.
How can a Business Angel apply for the program?
The Business Angels for the program are selected by EIF and the Fund establishes a co-investment framework agreements with a Business Angel.
Business Angels must meet the following requirements:
– Experience and networks in the field where they are investing.
– Track record of successful investments.
– The ability to generate quality dealflow.
– The ability to invest at minimum EUR 250,000 over a ten-year period.
You can apply on the European Investment Fund website at: