The key managers of our target funds have solid industry expertise, reliable entrepreneurial or investment background and proof of successful commercial operations or investments. The fund management company and their key managers must have realistic prospects to raise enough private capital for the fund.
The share of Business Finland Venture Capital Ltd in the fund:
- The total capital of the target fund is ca. 20 million euros.
- The maximum amount of our commitments is six million euros.
- We can accept asymmetrical profit distribution in favour of private investors. Asymmetrical distribution of profit increases the expected returns of private investors, should the fund be successful.
What we expect from applicants:
- Key managers of the fund’s management company have proof of successful commercial operations or investments and are experienced in the fields the fund’s investees are operating. Also, the management company has adequate competence and experience in managing of the investments.
- The fund applies a credible and plausible investment policy to increase the value of target companies and generate investors a return worthy of the risk taken. Target companies are early stage companies in their seed or start-up phases at the time of initial investment.
- The management company is capable of raising capital from private sources such as institutional investors and companies investing in private equity.
- The key managers of the management company are willing and able to operate with long term commitment and develop their activities as equity investors. The general manager, the management company, or their shareholders (key managers) should also make an investment to the fund.
- The fund applies the principles of responsible investment in its investment activities.
How to apply for funding:
- Before applying, applicants should get in touch with the staff of Business Finland Venture Capital Ltd and have their business idea examined. It is an iterative process, keeping contact until idea is ‘application ready’. We may start light due diligence, including referencing and consideration of track record and experience of the team.
- We recommend applicants to familiarize themselves with Business Finland Venture Capital Ltd risk finance program (in Finnish) and get to know the model limited partnership agreement and its key terms before applying.
- In matters related to AIFM licensing or registration we request potential applicants to get in touch with the Finnish Financial Supervision Authority well ahead of application.
- Check how to fully and completely fill in the application.